Applications for Three-Dimensional Perfusion Tissue Culture of Angiogenesis, Organoids, and Others
- The culture medium can penetrate through the tissues and/or cell layers like blood flow inside the specialized culture vessel (micro transwell). The following benefits can be expected with conditions similar to in vivo environments.
- 1. The medium can be supplied deeper into the tissue or cell layers, compared to the conventional culture methods and this can be useful to keep the cells in an active state for a long duration.
- 2. The mechanical response of the cells such as angiogenesis can be observed due to the effect of shear stress induced by the flow, which is difficult to produce by static culture.
- The liquid feed pressure can be adjusted using the controller.
- With the closed structure of the system, the culture vessel holder can be placed on the microscope stage in a laid state, which would allow for observation from the side of the micro transwell.
- The system is compact, which allows for the place of the system into an incubator, and easy use of perfusion culture.
Note: Kindly contact us for more details on scaffolding material selection and the permeability of the scaffolds should be considered. Details including specifications may change without notification.
CULTURE RESULTS 1
HepG2 cells were cultured on a plate (static culture) and micro 3D perfusion culture system. Gene expression of four CYPs was examined after 20 days of culture. The expression levels of these CYPs in 3D perfusion culture were increased several times compared with static culture. This suggests that the culture environment of the micro 3D perfusion culture system is closer to in vivo environment.
CULTURE RESULTS 2
HUVEC cells (vascular endothelial cells) were cultured on the atelocollagen sponge with a micro 3D perfusion culture system. The result indicates that some cells show self-organization during long-term culture. ＊Observation by GFP fluorescence
Note: Rental provision of this system is possible to organizations/individuals willing to provide experimental data. Details including specifications may change without notification.