- News & Events
- MINIATURE LOW-COST VALVE SMV Series (Under Development)
MINIATURE LOW-COST VALVE SMV Series (Under Development)
This valve is driven by a piece of shape memory alloy, giving it the following features:
- Compact and light weight: 19 x 18.4 x t4 mm and 1.5 g (approx.).
- Silent operation
- Low power consumption - 0.3 W or less.
- Low cost and disposable.
*1: Please see "Cautions concerning Power Supply" below.
*2: Response times vary depending on the ambient temperature. The values above are measured at 30˚C. Can be improved by controlling the applied current (e.x. PWM, a spike & hold circuit, etc.). Please contact us for details.
*3: PEEK & Perfluoroelastomer are optionally available.
Cautions concerning Power Supply
- Power supply by a constant current circuit is recommended.
- Operation by 12 VDC power supply or batteries is also possible, but a resistor must be inserted between the valve and the power source. See diagram.
- If you operate the valve by any other method, the shape memory alloy may burn out, resulting in the valve malfunctioning.
Note: Details including specifications may change without notification.