- News & Events
- Exhibition of our new thruster valves at Small Satellite Conference
Exhibition of our new thruster valves at Small Satellite Conference
Takasago Fluidic Systems (TFS) exhibited several products at the Small Satellite Conference, which was held together with the world's largest academic conference on small satellites, from August 6th to 9th at Utah State University, USA. The exhibition included our newly developed thruster valves for small satellites, as well as small lightweight valves and pumps that have been used for experiments on the International Space Station (ISS). The following products attracted special attention from visitors during the exhibition:
- 1-3N-class ultra-small (Dia. 8 mm x L 31.4 mm) lightweight (8g) thruster valve designed to be used in small satellite propulsion systems. This valve has met the ISO19683 requirements for vibration and shocks. A latching type to reduce power consumption is now under development, as well as a piping-interface type.
- 10MPa high pressure valve. This has been adopted by ALE Co., Ltd for their artificial shooting star project satellite, which will be launched in 2019.
- Ultra-small and lightweight syringe pump that was used for experiments on board the ISS for the OASIS Project. See also: https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/research/news/oasis Product details: https://www.takasago-fluidics.com/products/products_pump/syringe/
- Finger top size peristaltic pump used for experimental cell culture system on the ISS.
Product Video: https://www.takasago-fluidics.com/rd/mov_prod/rp_q/
If you have any questions about our products, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Masahiko Inoue (Mr.)
Aerospace Group Leader
Takasago Electric, Inc. (Japanese parent company of TFS)
============= Exhibition Outline =============
Small Satellite Conference
Exhibition Dates: August 6 - 9, 2018
Location: Utah State University, USA