- Tube Setting Tool for Takasago fittings
Tube Setting Tool for Takasago fittings
Takasago's fittings are of a structure such that the fittings are assembled by connecting the tubing to a seal joint after enlarging the inner diameter of the tubing.
The tube setting tool is used when enlarging the inner diameter of the tubing and is made of stainless steel, giving it long-term durability.
We have three sets of Tube Setting Tools.
- Set (A): a set of 5 tools from No.1 to No.5
- Set (B): a set of 3 tools from No.1 to No.3
- Set (C): a set of 3 tools from No.3 to No.5
|Tool No.||I.D. of applicable tubing (A side)||I.D. of applicable tubing (B side)||Length of Tube Setting Tool|
Usage of Tube Setting Tool
- Heat the end of the PTFE tubing (about 6 - 12 mm, the length should be longer for thicker diameters of tubing) over a low flame until the PTFE becomes transparent.
- Insert the suitable Tube Setting Tool into the PTFE tubing to enlarge its inner diameter.
- Cool the tubing, for example by water, and remove the tool.
- Cut off about 1 mm of the tubing end perpendicularly with a sharp edged tool.
CAUTION: 280 - 380 degrees Celsius is suitable to heat the PTFE tubing. When the temperature exceeds 430 degrees Celsius, considerable decomposition takes place and virulent gas is produced. Please ensure appropriate ventilation when you heat the tubing.